Friday, July 13, 2007

Raison d'etre...

This is an effort to keep up with and inform people about financial markets, and in particular about their regulation. I work for a firm that provides economic and financial expertise for litigation, business strategy, and regulatory compliance. I find this stuff interesting (god help me) and will try to keep my commentary of the "offering well-thought out speculation" type rather than the "you must agree with my weltanschauung or we will duel in Basel" type.

What I am not is:
  • A PhD (I have an MBA from the Yale School of Management - boolah boolah & all that rot);
  • An attorney (bullet dodged successfully...); or
  • A portfolio manager or financial adviser (or even a particularly successful investor).
In fact, as a practice matter, I even don't actually enjoy dealing with money...

No comments: