Friday, July 13, 2007

Disclaimers! (Part 1 of...)

As mentioned, I am not an attorney. Anything on this blog that sounds like legal advice is not, and if you follow it as legal advice, then you (& you alone) bear the risk that it is in fact bad advice.

As also mentioned, I am not a financial adviser. I don't have a series 7, nor a CFA, nor do I have one of those wierd designations that guys put on their shingle that supposedly equip them for managing other peoples' money. If you want financial advice from such a person, please pay for it (or alternately, read David Swensen's book and buy index funds...).

The beautiful & talented Mrs. Blunt is an employee of a never-to-be-named private investment company. I will not reveal any company- or strategy-specific information relating to her work (or my own for that matter). Sometimes the opinions I offer will be in our own financial interest at an abstract level (e.g., I may make an argument for a regulation that, if implemented, would result in a financial benefit to me - or the reverse. Hopefully these occurrences are as common as the inverse phenomenon. If not, feel free to call me on it.

I will try to provide analyses of data that support the arguments I make where possible. In so doing, I may use data that is not publicly available. I cannot always make the underlying data available (sorry). I'll try to make it clear when that is the case. When I can, I am happy to share it (or point to the source...)

I'm sure I'll think of more.

No comments: